Real Racing 3

Anything that's not related to F-SIM Space Shuttle.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

Re: Real Racing 3

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:36 pm

My cars are the ones with the red rear lights 8-)
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby desktopsimmer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Mines in front of yours (I have no need for brake lights)

Level 2, ford focus.
desktopsimmer

UNREAD_POSTby tomwatts » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:44 pm

What, there are other cars? All I see is open road ahead of me :D

Level 1, Ford Focus... I did have the McLaren MP4-12C until I deleted the game. I'd got the game a couple of weeks ago when it was released in New Zealand, so I had more time than most to collect gold.
tomwatts

UNREAD_POSTby Elefant » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Sascha wrote:My cars are the ones with the red rear lights 8-)

Sorry I just see dozens of white lights in my rearview mirror. :lol:
Elefant

UNREAD_POSTby desktopsimmer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Elefant wrote:Sorry I just see dozens of white lights in my rearview mirror. :lol:

Yes, can the safety car get off the track now :P
desktopsimmer

UNREAD_POSTby desktopsimmer » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:51 am

The only thing I don't like about RR3 is the servicing time. 15 minutes before I can play it again? Guess its a way to get cash from us mortals.
desktopsimmer

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:44 pm

Yes, I don’t like that eighther. I generally don’t like the freemium model, and if a game is otherwise good, I usually set a limit (e.g. buy an inexpensive add-on just to get the game going, but leave it at that). In RR3 I bought one of the car packs (which was about twice the price I’d regularly pay for a game like this anyway), and I won’t buy anything else.

Even if you don’t buy a car pack, invest your (virtual) money in cars, not in upgrades (at least in the beginning). This way you can continue driving in another car while repairing one.

It is a great game though, graphics are spectacular and the physics are quite good. Racing against other players (and GameCenter friends) is really cool. What I don’t like is that there’s no qualifying, starting at rank 22 in each cup race is a bit annoying (since races are short there’s not much time to overtake the entire field, and once I get to the front my car is usually totally wrecked :D)
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby Elefant » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Same here, I dont like in-game purchasing but I must admit this App rocks ! No real money spent and already a Shelby.
I dont know how do you, guys, raise your money but my method is the following :
With my little Focus, I race on Indy Speedway to get an average $5000 each race. After servicing and repairs, I can quickly get $50,000.
Talking about Indy, I dont know if it is your training on Indy 500 but, Sascha, you're quite fast ! ;) I am really proud when I manage to see your tail before the finish with my modest Focus...(I managed to beat you two or three times though).

Something I do not understand is the way this App handles the other components performances...if I block Tom or Sascha during a race or touch them how does it compute this event (as it is not live racing) ?
Elefant

UNREAD_POSTby tomwatts » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:54 pm

To be fair, I think they've found a good compromise with this particular "freemium" model. It's perfectly possible to play the game and do well in a reasonable timeframe without spending any real £/$/€. I've not spent anything yet.

Graphically, the game genuinely is, as everyone likes to claim, "console quality". Sometimes the physics don't seem quite right, but its still pretty amazing. The TSM feature is nice, it makes it even more fun to win against people you actually know. For example:
image.jpg

0.04mph, sorry Elefant! :lol:
tomwatts

UNREAD_POSTby Elefant » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Huh ! :shock: :cry: :roll:

:lol:

Currently lvl 22, Focus FF, Silvia (broken and will remain) and GT500 Shelby. Aiming to get an R8 Pro...
Elefant

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic