Infinite Flight

Anything that's not related to F-SIM Space Shuttle.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

Infinite Flight

UNREAD_POSTby Malti » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:52 am

Hi everyone!

Has anyone yet tried "Infinite Flight" ?
I found this flight simulator app just in the Play Store and, for my surprise, it has even a Space Shuttle to land.

Check out https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... niteflight and tell me what you think.

m.
carpe noctem
Malti

Re: Infinite Flight

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:11 pm

The iPad version is OK, I like it. I also like Aerofly FS on the iPad—I’m not sure if there’s an Android version though.
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby desktopsimmer » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:50 pm

Both to me are almost as good as each other. I slightly prefer Aerofly, as the is a semi decent glider simulation. Just wish that there where clouds so you can see thermals forming. However, I like Infinite Flight for the 'heavy' aircraft.
desktopsimmer

UNREAD_POSTby Spoonboy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:07 am

This looks good, thanks Malti for pointing it out. Funny how quality apps like this never seem to appear on Play's listings, I only ever find them through recommendations!
From the reviews though, it sounds like - even after paying for it - you still have to pay for some aircraft and maps. Is this the case? Is it worth it?
Also, is it as 'user friendly' as F-Sim? I find progs like X-Plane a little dry. Not much help or feeling of purpose. With F-Sim you have one clear job (to land), but many ways to approach it. With more 'open' flight sims like X-Plane I find myself just randomly flying around until I get bored...
Spoonboy

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:26 pm

With more 'open' flight sims like X-Plane I find myself just randomly flying around until I get bored...

Same here. I love X-Plane (especially the Mac/PC version), but I usually just fly around or create my own “challenges” (like landing the Shuttle, reaching the edge of space in the X-15, etc). This is one of the great things about it—you can basically do whatever you want. But for a mobile app, I felt that a more game-like approach (with a clear goal, and probably something like scores and achievements) would be necessary. One of the challenges was to add these game-like elements without sacrificing the realism of the simulation. But judging from the feedback, F-Sim Space Shuttle did that quite well :D and I’ll try my best to get that balance right in future flight-sim apps too.
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby Malti » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:37 am

There are aircrafts and maps that have to be bought by in-app-purchase. I´d say that someone should wait with that until he know´s he really likes the app. You ca do a lot without these additional items.
This app looks a little bit advanced to me. You have to file a flight plan, start, get there and land. That´s not easy without training. For aviation beginners it can be quickly overwhelming.
carpe noctem
Malti

UNREAD_POSTby Spoonboy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:48 pm

Can anyone list the aircraft/areas you get initially?
I don't mind buying the app, but I'm not sure I'd use it enouogh to justify spending out on extras. I think Sasha has the right approach; the 'Pick Up and Play' method works better for handheld devices.
Infinite Flight looks *amazing*, but the idea of filing flight plans etc puts me off. Plus; if all we're doing is flying from A to B, can we skip time between destinations? Anyone remember B-17: The Mighty Eighth?? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-17_Flyi ... Mighty_8th
Skipping was essential, there.
It all sounds a little too much simulation, not enough 'game' for a platform without a joystick/peddles/uniform on hand ;)
Spoonboy

UNREAD_POSTby flyingdevstudio » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:58 am

Infinite Flight developer here :) I'll try to address some of the questions in this thread...

Infinite Flight is about bringing as much of the simulation experience as possible on a mobile platform. Our simulator comes with many aircraft and regions included ( http://feedback.flyingdevstudio.com/knowledgebase/articles/226112-what-aircraft-and-regions-are-available-) and we do offer some content as In-App purchases; those are in no way mandatory and we have proved through our frequent updates (on iOS) that we keep introducing new free features as well as free content as often as possible.
We do have a few missions and we plan on adding more "goals" down the road; as much as "gamification" is the way to get a broader appeal, we try to focus on the simulation aspect a bit more at this point.
We recently launched the Android version and we plan on updating it frequently as we have been doing on iOS for the past year.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Happy landings
flyingdevstudio

UNREAD_POSTby Walle2815 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi there, thank you for this very good app. The mobile platform lacked a very good and realistic flight simulator (except F-SIM Space Shuttle of course and X-Plane which also does a pretty good job, but in a too limited way in my opinion), and your app comes to fill that void.

I'm using the Android version and the only real problem I have is, I think, a calibrating issue. Controlling the aircraft is okay as long as it is in the air, but as soon as it is on the ground, the nose wheel turns aside after a moment and is completely uncontrollable, throwing the plane out of the runway. Take off and landing are thus particularly challenging! I tried to re-calibrate the thing, but with no success. Any ideas?
Walle2815

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:47 am

Infinite Flight developer here

Wow. Congratulations on your app, and thanks for chiming in.
Sascha
Site Admin

Next

Return to Off Topic