Aliens 3D scene.

Anything that's not related to F-SIM Space Shuttle.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

Aliens 3D scene.

UNREAD_POSTby desktopsimmer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:31 pm

Something I've been working on for over 5 years is the drop sequence from Alien. I've got the models done, I just need to work on animation, something I've not got any experience of doing.

M577 APC model:
image.jpg

UD-4L Dropship
image.jpg

This is a rendered still.
image.jpg

I've got a model of the USS Sulaco, however, I've got three different lengths for the Sulaco: 385m, 719m and 731m. The last two are possibly correct as they scale approximately to the dropship full size mockup on the film. The 385m comes from the Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual, which is a good source of information, but I'm finding some dimensional facts appear to be completely wrong (i.e. Sulaco's length).
desktopsimmer

Re: Aliens 3D scene.

UNREAD_POSTby frankynov » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:37 pm

I've seen the movies recently, for me the original is the best ! The 2nd is almost a first version of Avatar and the Aliens are so vulnerable :?
Nice rendering, did you have any blueprint for the models ?
frankynov

Re: Aliens 3D scene.

UNREAD_POSTby desktopsimmer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:37 pm

IMHO the first two films are on my list of favourite films, I even like the third film. However the forth film, sadly on my bad film list and will not watch again. The Alien vs. Predator films are just bearly sub-average. These films are like what Michael Biehn said about the conputer game Alien: Colonial Marines, "passionless".
desktopsimmer

Return to Off Topic