BUILD 254

Where the test pilots meet and discuss their flight day. Now open to the public ;-)

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

Re: BUILD 254

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:06 pm

Now that you mention it, I ran into something like that once. I blamed it on the debugger (sometimes strange thing happens with Xcode), but let’s keep an eye on this.
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby tomwatts » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:07 am

I've had the problem Elefant described before, though not on this build and not for quite a while.

The first little thing that's not right with this build that I've noticed is that on the iPad audio settings, moving the effects slider changes the % next to the radio slider, and vice versa. The sliders do control the correct parameter.

More testing to follow!
Attachments
image.jpg
tomwatts

UNREAD_POSTby tomwatts » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:25 am

Related to that, would it be better for the rendered replay to keep the audio settings that were used during the flight? I prefer to fly without the radio on (I've developed a strong dislike of the phrase "I've got pretty darn good overlays" after hearing it a few thousand times ;) ), so for me it would make more sense to keep the settings from the audio menu for the replay.

Another bug/feature, though I would personally say its more bug than feature, is that while it is rendering to the camera roll in auto mode, you can control the zoom levels. It looks pretty bad IMHO.
I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to use a photo booth picture...
tomwatts

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:33 am

The first little thing that's not right with this build that I've noticed is that on the iPad audio settings, moving the effects slider changes the % next to the radio slider, and vice versa. The sliders do control the correct parameter.

Oops. I’ve swapped the sliders and the labels, but apparently not the percentage labels.
Another bug/feature, though I would personally say its more bug than feature, is that while it is rendering to the camera roll in auto mode, you can control the zoom levels.

Another oops. I thought I tested that. It should work in manual-edit mode, but not when auto-edit is on while recording the replays.
so for me it would make more sense to keep the settings from the audio menu for the replay.

I don’t know. I think it does make sense to have them separate (i.e. distinct settings for the volume while playing and when recording).
But I agree that the initial settings for the recording volumes should simply be the in-game audio volume settings.
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby desktopsimmer » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:44 am

Got a bug relating to the auto- lock/screen darkening. If I do a full rollout to wheel stop, the instant ten menu automatically appears it darkens the screen. This is on my iPhone 4S running ios 6.1.3. The auto-lock is set to 1 minute. Pass code is need immediately.
desktopsimmer

UNREAD_POSTby frankynov » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Confirmed too on iOS 6.1 on 4S.
Apple has been playing with the lock screen security in the 6.1.x versions, I don't know if it's an iOS bug or else :?
frankynov

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:39 pm

This is handled by iOS, I will look into it, but I doubt than I can do anything (expect hacks like keeping the screen active for another minute even when F-Sim is paused).
What I think happens is this:
1. I tell iOS that it should not go to sleep while the game is running (even if the user does not touch the screen)
2. When the flight ends (or you tap pause), I tell iOS that it can go to sleep now.

Tapping the pause button on the screen seems to trigger something in iOS that keeps it awake for another minute (or whatever the auto-lock timeout is).
But when the flight ends and you happen to haven’t touched the screen during the last minute, iOS apparently thinks it should go to sleep immediately.

This behavior isn’t new, but I agree, I’ll look into it and see what I can find out.

[Update: I can add a timer myself, so once F-Sim stops its animation loop, it will wait for another say 30 seconds before it tells the system to go to sleep. Note that the system maintains its own idle timer, so if you touched the screen in that time, it won’t go to sleep]
Sascha
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Pancho's Fly-Inn