Where is the update?

News, announcements, background information and talk about development related stuff and things we're working on. Feedback is appreciated.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

Where is the update?

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:23 pm

I know that many of you are waiting for the next update, which is long overdue by now.
Unfortunately I've had some serious problems with my eyes for the past three weeks, which forced me to limit my time in front of a computer screen and thus considerably slowed down development.
The good news is that my eyes are slowly getting better. I'm still gonna take it slow, but I'll continue working on F-SIM today.

My apologies for the delay, but given the circumstances, I hope you'll understand.

The new version is almost ready and there are some pretty cool new features I'm sure you'll like. You have my word that F-SIM will continually improve and become better and better which each new release.
Sascha
Site Admin

Re: Where is the update?

UNREAD_POSTby quinncidence » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:24 am

Though I have been wondering when the next update is coming, I also realize that software complexity adds exponentially to development time...even when your eyes are working fine. I fully expect that each update will take longer than the previous. It's the nature of the beast!
I, for one, am patient.
I hope everything is well and that you make a full recovery.
And keep up the great work!
quinncidence

UNREAD_POSTby Toby319 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:19 am

Sorry to hear that you've been suffering with your vision!

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!!

Cheers,
Toby
Toby319

UNREAD_POSTby daviddelmonte » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:09 pm

Same here - best wishes Sascha, thanks for a great app.

David
daviddelmonte

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Thank you!

I'm feeling much better already and have started to work on F-SIM again. All new features are complete, we are in the middle of beta testing. There are a few bugs left to fix and I need to complete the 3D model of the virtual cockpit.
Sascha
Site Admin

Return to Developer's blog