Back on track

News, announcements, background information and talk about development related stuff and things we're working on. Feedback is appreciated.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

Back on track

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:46 am

We are currently in the middle of beta testing the new version (1.6), to be released real soon now.
If no new bugs pop up the only thing left to do is to finish the work on the 3D virtual cockpit.

Here's a definitive list of new features for version 1.6:
  • Full retina display support on the iPhone 4. Not only does the 3D viewport now utilize the iPhone4's native resolution of 960x640 pixel, I've also updated every bitmap used in menus and the satellite map with new hi-res versions.
  • Full iPad support. When running on the iPad, F-SIM now takes advantage of the iPad's bigger screen. The 3D graphics run at 1024x768 pixel, and I've redesigned every single menu to take advantage of the large screen.
  • GameCenter is now integrated.
  • GameCenter and OpenFeint now support time scoped leaderboards.
  • New leaderboards for consecutive safe, good and perfect landings.
  • Even crash landings get a non-zero score now, and there's a new category "hard landing" between a "safe" and a "crash-" landing.
  • Landing analysis now includes approach (groundtrack and glideslope) precision. This is also reflected in the score.
  • Fixed a bug in the guidance transitioning from the HAC to PRE-FINAL. It's much smoother now and also works on the minimum-entrypoint (MEP) HACs.
  • Autopilot (autoland-demo) can now perform a full approach.
  • A new virtual cockpit. You can turn your head and look around, zoom and even move the head.
  • Newly designed 3D head-up-display.
  • A new statistics screen.

Since a new release is overdue, the external views and replays won't make it into this release. They'll be part of the upcoming 1.8 update.
Sascha
Site Admin

Re: Back on track

UNREAD_POSTby tomwatts » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi Sascha,

Just wondering if there is any news on when the 1.6 update will be released? I recently got an iPad and can't wait to try the iPad specific version of F-Sim on it. No worries if it is still a while away, I appreciate that art takes time! Keep up the good work and I hope your eyes are still doing well!

Thanks

Tom
tomwatts

Re: Back on track

UNREAD_POSTby frankynov » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:28 pm

We're almost done !
I'm currently translating the doc in french while desktopsimmer and alshain keep tracking every bug :P
Sascha is designing the virtual cockpit. By now the 3d model is "completely completed", it needs to be textured now.

If no major issue was found, i think it's nothing more than a couple of days to see the update on the AppStore.
frankynov

Return to Developer's blog