Version 2.0

News, announcements, background information and talk about development related stuff and things we're working on. Feedback is appreciated.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

Version 2.0

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

I’ve just submitted F-SIM Space Shuttle Version 2.0 for review. With some luck the update should hit the App Store while Atlantis is still in orbit.

This was so much work… :-)

But I think it turned out great, and I hope that you’re gonna like it. It’s time for a big thank you to the test pilots, this app would not be what it is without your help!
And of course many, many thanks to everybody who’s downloaded it!

Ok, here are some screenshots:

iPhone 4:

iPad 2:
Sascha
Site Admin

Re: Version 2.0

UNREAD_POSTby PRSOV » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:22 am

Version 2.0 is such an anticipated update that everybody will appreciate the work that Sascha and the development team have put into this to make it as realistic and entertaining as possible.

Those screenshots look amazing on both the iPhone and iPad and I think everybody couldn't think of a better time (during Atlantis's final mission) for the app to be updated. I'm sure we can all agree that this app has come a long way and we all look forward to it's final realease.
PRSOV

UNREAD_POSTby Walle2815 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:02 pm

The least I can say is thank you and congratulations for accomplishing the feat of releasing the update while Atlantis is in orbit. May F-SIM live long after the shuttle is retired, always growing with more realism and more features as one of the best tributes paid to the Space Shuttle Program and all the people who devoted their lives to it.
Walle2815

UNREAD_POSTby mrjdbsball » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:48 am

not to sound greedy or ungrateful because i am very grateful and very excited to version 2.0. i am curious as to what is new in 2.0 and what is to come in 2.1 or 2.2. Maybe historical approaches for ground tracks and weather. And also maybe some sunrise and sunset time periods as well as different cloud types and coverage. just a thought or two. but thanks again for all the tremendous and extremely hard work put into it. I cant wait to see the payoff.
mrjdbsball

UNREAD_POSTby nutriman » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:54 am

wow.....this just completely made my day!
thank you so much, like the others said your timing couldn't be better!!
Now this game also has a therapeutical use and might help us to overcome the end of the shuttle program. nerdy, i know but seriously...think i'll shed a tear when atlantis lands.
Looking forward to playing!
How long does it usually take to get an update approval, are you concerned it could be disapproved??
once again SASCHA, YOU ROCK!!!!
nutriman

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:52 am

Thank you!

Most apps are aproved within seven days and no, I’m not concerned that it could be disapproved ;-).
The main reasons why apps get disapproved are because they carsh, use private APIs (which would break forward compatibility) or because they don’t do what their description says the do.
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby quinncidence » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:34 pm

I've been checking the app store every few waking hours since the original post!! The anticipation is driving me nuts!!
quinncidence

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:20 pm

It’s in review now. This still can take a few days. Could be tomorrow, but my guess would be monday (I don’t know if the status can change on a weekend).
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby nutriman » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:59 am

IT'S IN THE APPSTORE NOW!!!!! yeeeehaw
nutriman

UNREAD_POSTby Pehrlich » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:06 pm

Wow! That's something! Really great work. :) Just one question....I hesitated to ask.... Will the chute fly someday... Can't see it on the Ipad...
Fantastic sim
Pehrlich

Next

Return to Developer's blog