Screenshot competition

News, announcements, background information and talk about development related stuff and things we're working on. Feedback is appreciated.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

Screenshot competition

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:31 pm

We proudly announce the first F-Sim Space Shuttle screenshot competition.

Take a screenshot of F-SIM by pressing the home and sleep buttons at the same time, then simply tweet it to @f_sim and include the hashtag #fsimpic, and—if possible—the link to the competition (http://bit.ly/nI3h0J). The screenshots are saved to your camera roll, so you can use the native Twitter client on your iOS device to submit them. You can use twitpic.com or any other image service you like. Please use the high-quality upload though.
You can submit more than one screenshot.

Our test pilots will pick the best screenshots, which will be featured on the redesigned F-SIM homepage (once it’s ready) and maybe even on the App Store.
We’ve got some great prices for the winners too: Exciting Simulations provides three copies of their awesome Space Shuttle Mission Simulator for Windows PCs, and NASASpaceFlight.com provides three two-month memberships to their L2 resources (which are really great, I’ve got most background information that I needed to develop F-SIM Space Shuttle from L2, and there’s so much more…)

The deadline for submissions is August 7 2011, we’ll announce the winners shortly afterwards.
Happy landings!

The Exciting Simulations Space Shuttle Mission Simulator™ is the most realistic and exciting Space Shuttle Missions Simulator available today on Windows PC, and it is designed to provide the experience and excitement of the NASA Space Shuttle missions in incredible detail.
http://www.space-shuttle-mission.com

L2 – The Premier Space News Subscription Service
L2 is a revolutionary and unprecedented resource that gives you the opportunity to be on the frontline of space flight, ranging from mission specific documentation, to following the development process of new vehicles and infrastructure, blowing the doors wide open on information you’ve never had access to before.
http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/l2/
Sascha
Site Admin

Re: Screenshot competition

UNREAD_POSTby nutriman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:41 am

guess i must be the last one not twittering....
no seriously, is there a possibility to send in pics without having to use twitter?
thx!
nutriman

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:11 am

Sure, just post them to the screenshots thread.
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby Walle2815 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:50 am

nutriman wrote:guess i must be the last one not twittering....
no seriously, is there a possibility to send in pics without having to use twitter?
thx!

No, you're not. I have a Twitter account but never use it, so it is as if I had never subscribed it! I don't like Twitter.
Walle2815

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:33 am

OK, the entries are in.

Now we need the test-pilot’s verdict ;-)

http://f-sim.com/fsimpic/

(I hope I didn’t overlook anything)

Please send me a PM with the 10 images you like most (ordered).
I’ll use the score system from the F-1 championship: 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 points.
If you like, you can also add comments. Simply choose the images you like best, but please don’t base your choice on image resolution or anti-aliasing (as these depend on the device the screenshot was taken from) or the number of entries per entrant.

Take your time, I think we can also wait for Tom to return from his vacation.
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby Elefant » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:53 am

Will do !
Elefant

UNREAD_POSTby desktopsimmer » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:10 pm

There's some really good shots there. This is going to be hard, but in a good way :)
desktopsimmer

UNREAD_POSTby nutriman » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:58 pm

nice shots everyone...we have quite a few stunt astronauts!
nutriman

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:42 am

OK, every test-pilot who’d like to vote, please send me a PM with your top-10 (or a message that you’d like to vote but need more time).
So far it’s pretty interesting: We’ve got the votes from Desktopsimmer, Tom and me, and all our favorites made it into the top 3. Each of the top 3 has got 25 points from one judge, a high value (18 or 12 points) from another but 0 points from the third.
Since Elefant said he’d like to vote I’ll wait for his scores, so everything is still open… :)
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby Elefant » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Crap !
My iPad screwed it up when I sent the PM, let me try again...
Elefant

Next

Return to Developer's blog