3D and Research For The New Project

News, announcements, background information and talk about development related stuff and things we're working on. Feedback is appreciated.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

3D and Research For The New Project

UNREAD_POSTby desktopsimmer » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:25 pm

My turn to add news about the new project. When Sascha emailed me what the next project is going to be I thought straight away right choice for many reasons, which at this time I can't go into, as it's all top secret ;)

Based upon my 3D model of the Orbiter for F-Sim Space Shuttle, Sascha invited me to create the 3D models for this project, of which I'm very honoured to do so.

I'd thought the main craft will be easy to create, it's a simple shape and has very little details..... Yeah right!

When I started to heavily research the main model of this project, I found out that there were three of them, not one as previously thought. Okay, no problem, they've just got different markings. Nope, they got different air-probes and test equipment on them. To make it more interesting, they used different types of engines, which look totally different. Sigh. After further reading, I was amazed to find out they they rebuilt one and altered the design. So I've got to create multiple 3D models of the same craft. However, I think we'll start with the first version and then create the other versions once there is a working version of the app for the test pilots to fly. The good news is I've completed the basic model and will start to add details to the model. There is going to be another new feature to the model, but I've promised to keep quiet what this feature is ;) but if it works, i think it will be a first :)

Hopefully, I'll be able to show you all images of the 3D models, so watch this space.
desktopsimmer

Re: 3D and Research For The New Project

UNREAD_POSTby quinncidence » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:23 am

X-15 it is then.
Jeez Desktopsimmer, you could have given a third of the hints and it still would have been obvious!
:)
Super exciting! Original flight profiles? RCS operations in near space? What about the different RCS configurations that the different models employed? I know I know, top secret!
quinncidence

UNREAD_POSTby bpaboyce » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:02 pm

I just peed myself a little...an X-15 simulator? Heck yeah!
bpaboyce

UNREAD_POSTby desktopsimmer » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Sascha I think you need a disclaimer regarding that F-sim is not responsible for people's bladder control ;)
desktopsimmer

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:33 pm

:D
Sascha
Site Admin

Return to Developer's blog