BUILD 260 (2.8 RC 3)

Where the test pilots meet and discuss their flight day. Now open to the public ;-)

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

BUILD 260 (2.8 RC 3)

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:01 pm

Here comes build 260 (hopefully not an April fool’s joke :))

Bounce detection is now a little bit more forgiving, and it fixes the two bugs found by Desktopsimmer (wind above 50,000 ft and the issue with the idle timeout).

Please let me know if you run into any problems.
Thanks a lot!
Sascha
Site Admin

Re: BUILD 260 (2.8 RC 3)

UNREAD_POSTby desktopsimmer » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Have you placed any Easter Eggs in the sim? ;)
desktopsimmer

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Not in this build—if you’re looking for an easter egg, download build 262 ;)
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby frankynov » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:04 am

Hey Sascha, have you changed the panning view code in this version ?
Sometimes the camera won't move when panning from the center right (just a little bit upper form the center line) to the centre of screen in the cockpit view.
It's not very easy to reproduce, I'll try to make a video to show you because the region where it happens is very small.
frankynov

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:23 am

Hey Sascha, have you changed the panning view code in this version ?

Yes, I’ve fixed a bug that caused it to jump a few pixels when starting a pan gesture.
Here’s how it should work:
*Taps are recognized after about 100ms of delay (to wait for a double-tap)
*Pan gestures are recognized when you either tap and hold (for about half a second) or start panning (after a few pixels).
This is to not accidentally interpret tap gestures as pan (e.g. pan the view every time you tap just to pause or show the OSD).
There was a bug that caused the pan gesture to jump a few pixels (e.g. it did not register as pan for about 10 pixels, but once you moved your finger ten pixels, it would immediately “jump” to that position). This is the one I’ve fixed in build 254 I think.

One more thing:
It filters touch inputs at the border of the screen, so it won’t pan if you move your finger from the bezel into the screen region. This is probably not necessary on the 10" iPads, but on devices with smaller bezels it’s possible to accidentally trigger a pause otherwise.

Would that explain your “bug”?
Which device did you use?
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:39 am

I’ve found a bug. :?
On iOS 5, after recording a replay, the activity indicator does not stop spinning and the recording overlay stays on screen.
I’ve fixed it, but it requires a new build…

I’ll wait for frankynov to confirm his panning bug before I upload a new build.
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby frankynov » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:55 am

Sascha wrote:It filters touch inputs at the border of the screen, so it won’t pan if you move your finger from the bezel into the screen region. This is probably not necessary on the 10" iPads, but on devices with smaller bezels it’s possible to accidentally trigger a pause otherwise.

I think it might be this. I have a case on the iPad that surrounds the screen and I often pan the view from the edge of the screen. Moreover, I think that a similar feature was introduced in iOS 6 with the iPad mini ( source ) and it's part of any iOS 6 device now (tested with iBooks)
I have relatively big thumbs so I didn't know I was *that* close to the edge of the screen :) Sorry for the confusion
frankynov

Return to Pancho's Fly-Inn