Newby report

General discussion about F-SIM Space Shuttle.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

Newby report

UNREAD_POSTby pholland » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:22 pm

Just wanted to let you know I have this minute purchased a copy of F-Sim Space Shuttle after hearing the great wrap it got from John Siracusa and friends on the Accidental Tech Podcast. Looking forward to my first crash landing. Cheers. :D
pholland

Re: Newby report

UNREAD_POSTby blackbird1955 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Welcome. As a 1st timer, you are going to luv this incredible sim. There is nothing like it. Sascha is the wizard behind this amazing app and will certainly answer any questions you may have.

I would recommend searching the forum for many many answers. Good luck ;), and prepare to study up.
blackbird1955

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi pholland, welcome to our forum!
Just wanted to let you know I have this minute purchased a copy of F-Sim Space Shuttle after hearing the great wrap it got from John Siracusa and friends on the Accidental Tech Podcast.

Yes, I just listened to it. They did a great job, didn’t they?
(It’s in this episode of the “Accidential Tech Podcast” at 53:10. If you’re interested in OS X, iOS, and technology in general, you should subscribe to this podcast, it’s one of my favorites.)

Looking forward to my first crash landing.

I guess there’s no way around a few crash landings, but there’s plenty of information in the game. I’d recommend reading the landing tutorial or at least watching the autopilot landing demo (accessible from the help screen). If you’ve got any questions, we’ll be happy to help.
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby Spoonboy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Great review! Thanks for sharing pholland :)

It's good to get the games profile up and they're very complimentary, I couldn't have said it better myself.
(Except regarding the horizon-tilt, I've never got used to that!)

Keep practicing and welcome to the forum.
Spoonboy

Return to General discussion