Autoland Scenarios

Would you like to see a particular new feature in F-SIM Space Shuttle? Post your ideas here.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

Autoland Scenarios

UNREAD_POSTby g0wfv » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:20 am

I've been playing F-Sim for a few years on and off, but have only just completed all the achievements! (Still trying for that 1,000,000 score though!)

I decided to watch the autoland demo and then thought wouldn't it be nice to set it some (nasty?) scenarios, such as those required for some of the acheivments and see how it copes. I don't think you can do this currently, as when I set strong winds and gusts, it seems to reset to 4.5kts and pretty "benign" conditions!

Any chance this can be added in a future update?

Also, looking forward to the mentioned historic missions and the X-15 sim; any idea of timescales for those?

Keep up the excellent work; this app easily beats all other flight sim apps available for Android/iOS when compared to real life!

Tony
g0wfv

Re: Autoland Scenarios

UNREAD_POSTby tomwatts » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:52 am

Hi Tony and welcome to the forum,

As you said in your post, the autopilot isn't quite up to coping with extreme conditions in its current state. If I remember correctly, at some point while the feature was in testing you could set it to fly in pretty much any conditions, although that tended to have pretty disastrous consequences! I'm not sure if there are plans to improve it in the future, but hopefully Sascha will let you know.

Also, looking forward to the mentioned historic missions and the X-15 sim; any idea of timescales for those?

An update for F-SIM Space Shuttle is in the works, though historic missions are not planned to be included in the upcoming release. However it is planned for the next major update, although the timescale for that is very fluid as work is also ongoing on the X-15 sim. Again, timescales are rather fluid for that app.

Still trying for that 1,000,000 score though!

Keep trying, you'll get there eventually! :D
tomwatts

Re: Autoland Scenarios

UNREAD_POSTby atiflali » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:31 am

I've been playing F-Sim for a few years on and off, but have only just completed all the achievements! (Still trying for that 1,000,000 score though!)
atif
atiflali

Return to Feature requests