First Development Video

News, announcements, background information and talk about development related stuff and things we're working on. Feedback is appreciated.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

First Development Video

UNREAD_POSTby desktopsimmer » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:15 pm

First a very big thank you from the Test Pilots (Beta Team) to everyone who has purchased F-Sim Space Shuttle in the last week or so. In the UK, F-Sim Space Shuttle is now at the top of the Games\Simulator Chart and the iPad Games Chart, and now "Top Paid iPad Apps" Chart. So we feel we need to reward you with a peak of the shape of things to come...

It's still at a very early development stage. Full animation of the gear has not been fully implemented and the texture is just a basic colour scheme, so that Sascha had something to work with. The View Menu System is not final, but works really well with just simple icons appearing at the top of the screen when the user touches the screen briefly. To alter the view angle and zoom is just like the finger system that is being used in the Flight Deck. Why change something that works? It's possible to fly from any of the views, because in the lower half of the screen there is a mini HUD.

This week saw the release of the replay function, which is also at an early stage, only last flight flown available, so far. However, it's fun watching your flight, especially if you're flying with heavy crosswind and a bit more turbulance than NASA would like.

F-sim has grown, evolved and we have a plan...
desktopsimmer

Re: First Development Video

UNREAD_POSTby Elefant » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Hi,

First of all, I would like to thank you for this great sim. It is already a winner and it'll be perfect when you release this coming update with external views and replay.

I just love the choices of camera angles, the one just before the touchpoint is simply awesome : just like the real one !!!
For a test model, it looks already very good and I can't wait to see the final shuttle with full textures and better gear animation (is it possible ??).

May I suggest something about the sound ? I read somewhere that someone would love to hear more "random" sounds, why not ! But I'd be thrilled if you added the "crash sound" of the nose wheel touching down. I am sure you know this video (that shows how good is your sim, as it is almost like F-SIM...or maybe should I write the opposite ?? :) ) where you can hear this crazy sound at the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dobsUJWU8qw&feature=player_detailpage#t=369s

Many many thanks for your great work Sascha !

My best,

Antoine.
Elefant

UNREAD_POSTby desktopsimmer » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 am

Thank you for your comments.

For sounds in and round the flight deck is a bit difficult to get hold of any good quality recordings sonwe can add them into the Sim.

One sound effect we all know how it sounds is the landing gear, hydraulic landing is very much the same in most large aircraft, but what it sounds like in the flight deck or can latches be heard as well, we simple don't know. Tire screech is easy and could be audible inside the flight deck. I think we'renhopingbtobget these for the next version, just we would like it to be right.
desktopsimmer

UNREAD_POSTby blackbird1955 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Very nice video.
blackbird1955

UNREAD_POSTby desktopsimmer » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks, and I've noticed it's not appeared on the facebook page
desktopsimmer

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:41 pm

It is on the facebook wall. There's always some delay between a posting and the time facebook fetches the rss stream (sometimes more than 24 hours), but so far every blog entry appeared on facebook the next day.
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby mfrissen » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:50 pm

I'm late to the party, but love the app and the preview!

I was wondering - if you can change the viewpoints, wouldn't it be cool if you could select the Orbiter? So you'll see Discovery/Atlantis/Endeavour and maybe Columbia and Challenger from the outside? They all are slightly different , so imo it would be a cool addition..

Anyway, keep up the excellent work!
mfrissen

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:55 pm

Not in this version, but maybe with the next update...
Sascha
Site Admin

Return to Developer's blog