iPad

News, announcements, background information and talk about development related stuff and things we're working on. Feedback is appreciated.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

iPad

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Apple now accepts iPad app submissions. Apps submitted by March 27 will be available on iPad launch day (April 4).

Tempting...
But I'm afraid I can't do that: Currently the only way to test the iPad version is the emulator that ships with the 3.2 SDK, and it's impossible to test the performance of an OpenGL application with it. So, instead of risking negative reviews I'll rather wait until I have access to a real iPad.

I've already started to work on the iPad version though: I'll re-layout the menus to take advantage of the larger screen, rework the 2D map view and change the viewing angle for the 3D view to show a little more scenery and possible parts of the cockpit (at least the entire HUD plus mount).

In the meantime F-SIM space shuttle should work just fine on the iPad, but only in "pixel-doubling" mode (i.e. using the iPhone graphics and scaling them to fill the iPad screen). A version that takes full advantage of the iPad's larger screen will be available as soon as I can test it on an actual iPad.
Sascha
Site Admin

Return to Developer's blog