New update available soon

News, announcements, background information and talk about development related stuff and things we're working on. Feedback is appreciated.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

New update available soon

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Wed May 05, 2010 10:37 am

I've been very busy the last few weeks, but now I've got time and can fully focus on F-SIM.
There's already been a lot of progress lately, and I'm currently implementing the last few things that are still missing. Then we've got to test it for a couple of days, and finally Apple will have to review it.

I still hope that the update is out before the Atlantis launch on May 14, but that ultimately depends on how long Apple's review process takes.

I had some troubles with the autopilot, so in this version there's only a scaled down autopilot, accessible via a menu-item called "autoland demo". It will perform a fully automated final approach and landing, under reasonable conditions (just a little wind, light turbulence).
The full autopilot feature (that's able to fly the HAC, cope with bad weather and reproducibly land safely under any conditions) will be part of a subsequent update.
Sascha
Site Admin

Re: New update available soon

UNREAD_POSTby frankynov » Wed May 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Good news, as usual ! :D

I'll be very pleased to hold the new autopilot between my hands !

Great job, and bonne chance for the update !
frankynov

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Wed May 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Yes, that's what I was trying to say :)
It's not fully implemented in this version.

There's just an autoland demo, which uses the guidance output as control input and performs the final flare, but right now this just works for the final approach and with no more than moderate wind and turbulence settings. So what happens when you click on the "demo" button is that it sets the weather to "nice" and starts a final approach with the autopilot engaged.

In future versions you'll be able to turn on/off the autopilot at any time. It just needs some more tweaking and right now I'm running out of time and I thought that the autopilot feature alone is not enough to justify any further delay. So I'm going to release this update without the full autopilot (but the autoland-demo).

Note that you'll still be able to turn off all autopilot functions that are implemented now (speedbrake, pitch-correction, rudder, gear,...) and control everything by hand.
Sascha
Site Admin

UNREAD_POSTby mlakhani » Thu May 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Just realised that the 14th is only a day away - anymore news? :)

Thanks
mlakhani

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Thu May 13, 2010 6:33 pm

I'm working on it right now, but I need a few more days. Sorry for the delay...
Sascha
Site Admin

Return to Developer's blog