On sale

News, announcements, background information and talk about development related stuff and things we're working on. Feedback is appreciated.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

On sale

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Sun May 16, 2010 11:21 am

To celebrate Atlantis' final flight, F-SIM Space Shuttle is currently on sale for just $0.99 - only for a few days!
Sascha
Site Admin

Re: On sale

UNREAD_POSTby frankynov » Tue May 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Okay, just told all the forums I read and my webblog it was on sale ! I hope it helps and will dramaticly increase the sells ! :)

By the way, why not contacting iSpazio ? It's a very frequented italian website and every morning they announce a lot of apps which have dropped their prices. It might be a very strong ad !
frankynov

Re: On sale

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Tue May 18, 2010 10:42 pm

There are some sites that track app prices and report any changes (especially price drops), so this usually works fine to temporarily boost sales.
I'm going to change it back to $1.99 on Wednesday or Thursday though.
Sales don't look too good since Apple decided to only display iPad Apps in the "customers also bought" section. Until then F-SIM was on display next to almost every other flight-simulation related game in the App Store. Now they point to random iPad games that aren't even remotely related to flight-sims - this has cut my sales half overnight. I hope that they take back this change in the App Store soon - in the meantime I figured I had to do something.
On the other hand: last month F-SIM was "featured" in the Japanese App Store for about a week - during that time I've sold more games in Japan than in any other country, so I can't complain :)
Sascha
Site Admin

Return to Developer's blog