F-SIM Space Shuttle Version 1.4.2 is here

News, announcements, background information and talk about development related stuff and things we're working on. Feedback is appreciated.

Moderators: blackbird1955, frankynov, desktopsimmer, Elefant

F-SIM Space Shuttle Version 1.4.2 is here

UNREAD_POSTby Sascha » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:31 pm

With some delay, version 1.4.2 is finally ready for download.
The price is still $1.99, updates are as always FREE.

So, what's new in this version?
  • First of all, F-SIM now features OpenFeint with online leaderboards (you get a numerical score now in the landing analysis) and 15 achievements (2 of them are secret).
  • Then there's full manual control over the rudder/speedbrake, the wheelbrakes, gear and chute. This is optional, you can still let the autopilot control all that and focus on pitch/roll control.
  • System failures simulate a stuck speedbrake, low NAV accuracy, HUD/guidance outages or hydraulics failures.
  • Full autoland capability. This is currently limited to a final approach, but I plan to improve it to support full approaches and bad weather (wind and turbulence) too.
  • A crosswind component greater than 10 kts now triggers late chute deploy
  • Auto-Speedbrake now opens the speedbrake after weight on wheels (and not like in previous versions after weight on nose gear), which makes derotating a bit easier.
  • You can use "pedals" for nosewheel steering and differential braking now (this is optional too).
  • Quick flight and "randomize" have been improved to generate more varying approaches than before
  • HAC turn angle is displayed in the map now
  • An updated manual, covering the new features and an F.A.Q. section
External view and replays are on top of the to-do list now and should be part of the next major update.

Special thanks go to Francois Gilbert (frankynov), George Winnard (desktopsimmer) and Mark Zastrow (alshain), who did a terrific job in beta-testing this version. Thanks a lot!

OK, enjoy the update, I hope you like it!
If so, please don't forget to rate it on the AppStore.

Feedback is, as always, highly appreciated. :)
Sascha
Site Admin

Re: F-SIM Space Shuttle Version 1.4.2 is here

UNREAD_POSTby frankynov » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Youpiiiiiiie ! =D
Update is finally there !
I think you widely deserved a nice rest in Greece =)
thanks a lot again for taking care of this great simulator !
frankynov

Re: F-SIM Space Shuttle Version 1.4.2 is here

UNREAD_POSTby kittman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:35 am

I was quite thrilled when the update showed up today on my Apps! I've been looking forward to the new version and am loving the new features. Awesome job! :D

kittman
kittman

Return to Developer's blog