F-SIM Space Shuttle is a highly realistic simulation of the Space Shuttle approach and landing. Take command of the Orbiter during its last minutes of descent and safely touch down at John F. Kennedy Space Center or Edwards Air Force Base.
Realism doesn't stop with an authentic flight model: the Orbiter's guidance, navigation and control (GNC) systems are simulated in unprecedented detail and accuracy, and the three-dimensional head-up display (HUD) is a carbon copy of the original.
With F-SIM Space Shuttle you can:
- Fly full approaches (from approximately 50,000 ft above ground level) or final approaches (from about 10,000 ft);
- Configure wind and turbulences for authentic flight conditions;
- Land on both shuttle landing facilities (John F. Kennedy Space Center and Edwards Air Force Base);
- Fly night and overcast approaches and configure visibility;
- Focus on flying: Just like in the real Orbiter, speedbrakes are controlled by the autopilot and the landing gear is armed and deployed by the (co-)pilot.
F-Sim Space Shuttle features:
- Photo-realistic graphics;
- A sophisticated simulation of the on-board guidance, navigation and control systems including a fully functional head-up display;
- An accurate flight dynamics model.
- Visual landing aids like the precision approach path indicators (PAPI) and the ball/bar system on each runway;
- Detailed landing analysis, including touchdown point, vertical speed, maximum weight on each wheel, etc.
Are you up for the task?
Download F-Sim Space-Shuttle and find out!
F-SIM Space Shuttle has been developed and custom built for the iPhone and iPod touch to push the envelope of these fantastic devices:
- It uses hardware texture compression to store a large number of ultra-high-resolution textures on the graphics processor;
- It renders special effects like water reflections, limited visibility (ground fog), runway lights, etc.;
- All these advanced graphics still run smoothly even on older hardware (e.g. 1st generation iPod touch)
- Launching the app and starting a flight takes less than a second;
- All menus are animated;
- The accelerometer is automatically re-calibrated every time you pause and continue the game;